1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 - 70 Shelby

trunk light for 69/70 shelby

(1/3) > >>

1970shelbyguy:
any idea what's the correct trunk light assembly for a 69/70 shelby  -sportsroof  if different  from converts.   regular c9 z mustang  or a cougar one? thanks

specialed:
the only difference is fastback has extra ground wire that runs along side of regular c9zb trunk wire.

1970shelbyguy:
hi ed-  i believe the whole light was installed prior to painting the lid.- correct?  - was light bracket painted also or just the wire had some overspray  on it.  how about the little  wiring retainer that hooks into  underside of lid ? painted also?  i do have a light- my  trunk lid was a repo but i now have an orig with the metal reniforcing mount brackets rivited to lid.  was blk jade and you could see the shadow where the light bracket  was mounted- no paint ( primer showing)    i'll have to dig it my light  out prior to final paint on the lid.   did you get to see Barret Jackson?

1970shelbyguy:
i came across ed's response about the trunk light detail on the SAAC forum. lite was taped with masking tape.  can't keep up with all these forums!   glad the experts are!

J_Speegle:
Posting this here also to give an idea of how the masking tape was applied sometimes. Notice this is an example of a metal frame trunk lid - black under the tape rather than the pinkish fiberglass color since this is a metal liner trunk lid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version