Author Topic: 1992 SAAC MK1 -Prototype XX2  (Read 2188 times)

Offline saacman

1992 SAAC MK1 -Prototype XX2
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »
3rd owner of this rare car. Bought in 1999  currently has 25K on odometer. 1 0f 4 Protoypes- 1 0f 37 total production in 1992 - first 9 cars carry the Shelby badges. SAAC Company had to stop putting Shelbys name on car because of a legal issue, even though he ok'd the project, at this time he was under contract with Chrysler and his name could not be used on any non-Chrysler product.
 Car has had a Vortec Supercharger on it since first owner. I have done numerous upgrades with the car. Over the years - electrical upgrades- which includes ignition boost w/ adjustable switch in ash tray compartment, 37 mm injectors, also in the interior on the left pillar arm- 3 gauge set -oil pressure,supercharger boost and water temp. Boosted the Supercharger to 11 PSI, new bearings ,new belt, 4" tubing. brakes all new with stainless steel brake lines, New Tremec 5 -Speed tranny with short shifter kit,HP clutch assembly, aluminium drive shaft w/ drive shaft safety loop. Engine rebuild in (2007) @ 24,800miles. nothing major needed to be done  the motor started to get some blow by so we decided to freshing it up. Still cares the Factory GT40 head set-up, new chrome moly piston rings, cyclinder walls were fine - only honed out a few turns, did put in a few sizes bigger cam than the B303 they used. Crank was polished, brass block water plugs, 70MM valve body, new shorty headers. Since the motor was out, i decided to prep and refinish the engine bay. Has new hood underside heat felt pad. Radiator(original) has been pressure tested and cleaned out. Still retains the factory 3.55 trac-lok gears that the prototypes were using.
  Interior is in excellent condition - factory Shelby logo (only first 9 cars ) upholstery, only driver seat shows a small amount of wear on the edge of the seat from getting in and out. Still has Factory roll bar.
 All glass is in excellent condition.
 Tires are new Nitto Drag street tires - grt8 hook-up for Road Racing too.
 Paint has been refinished in a few areas. Retains about 70% of its original paint .
  I have alot of paper work including the original invoice from Ford when SAAC Co. bought it and magazines that the car has been in.
  I will answer any questions to the best of my knowledge. I pretty much know this car from day 1 when the first 3 cars produced were @ SAAC-16 @ Charlotte Speedway.
 Car is being sold in " AS IS CONDITION ".     Please make contact with me @ toddscranton01@gmail.com
Any time.  Thank You for your look. All Offers will be considered.   Asking $47,900.00