1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

1967 Hood Turn Signal Wiring Harness

(1/6) > >>

Paperback Writer:
I'm installing an Alloy Metal '67 hood turn signal lamp wiring harness, and I'm a little confused about where to attach the bracket (red circle in photo) and ground wire (yellow circle in photo) near the plug end of the harness...

In looking through dozens of photos I have of restored cars, I've seen these items attached to the firewall, the cowl, or even the hood itself.

Any guidance - and photos of correct cars similar to mine - would be most appreciated!

1967 SJ 390 Convertible, built in Sept. 1966

midlife:
Isn't there a ground wire from the hood side of the cowl to the hood itself?  I'm not an expert, but I thought the harness routed along the cowl area above the firewall.

Oz390:
On my '68 S convertible (San Jose Dec 67, so not a '67 but would think it would be similar if not the same?) they go to the firewall and hood.

Oz390:
This is my 68 GT/CS, San Jose, April 68, different location... not sure which is "correct".  Or if it varied by plant/time....

Oz390:
Just looked... '67 FAM shows it as in the first photo.  Again not sure if that is "correct" or not...

HTH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version