Author Topic: 1968 metal dash paint - Black/Dark Charcoal Mettallic  (Read 1810 times)

Offline original68

1968 metal dash paint - Black/Dark Charcoal Mettallic
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:15:19 PM »
hello i did research and was unable to find the exact dash paint codes or vendor who sells the close to original color lacquer dash paint.  i want to spray the dash and avoid the rattle can.  can anyone provide paint codes for the black dash paint.  is there a combination of paints.  through research i know it is semi-gloss.  thanks for any help
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:57:32 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1968 metal dash paint
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 05:57:04 PM »
hello i did research and was unable to find the exact dash paint codes or vendor who sells the close to original color lacquer dash paint.  i want to spray the dash and avoid the rattle can.  can anyone provide paint codes for the black dash paint.  is there a combination of paints.  through research i know it is semi-gloss.  thanks for any help

Lacquer in straight paint is difficult to find due to current laws and lack of toners.

If you do a search you'll find allot of posts related to the original Dark Charcoal Metallic (what for called black on 76-73 Mustangs) and the suggestions on how to apply a base then the final color

You will/should find a few suggestions about suppliers of the paint and other details. If you don't find what you need after reading all of that please post again - SEARCH is your friend ;)

IF you use TCGobal the paint code is listed on the old paint chips shown there and they will offer the color in a number of products. They do supply lacquer also (did the last time we talked) but again the stuff is getting more difficult to find
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:59:11 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)