Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

Painting Equipment for INSIDE of rocker panels, cowls, pillar posts, seat risers

(1/3) > >>

67gtasanjose:
Since most of these old cars never had any sealers, primers or paint sprayed or dipped on the majority of the unseen body panels, what types of internal spraying equipment (along the lines of Eastwoods Internal Exhaust Spray) is out there to "hose down" the insides of these bare metal areas that are rusting just a little bit more, day by day as time goes by.

Any ideas or knowledge that might neutralize any surface rusting and then the coating the areas with a sealer to prevent any recurrences.

Anybody recommend Eastwood Inside Frame Coating?

Richard

67gtasanjose:
I thought I'd "bump" this one.

Has anyone ever tried the Eastwood Internal Frame Coating? (echo, echo, echo...)

drummingrocks:
Richard,

I think the reason you may not be getting any responses is because Eastwood advertises this as an internal frame coating.  Maybe people are passing it over because Mustangs don't have a full frame?  Anyway, I know several people restoring vintage Corvettes have good luck with it.  You might check the C2/C3 forums on http://www.corvetteforum.com

And no, I won't tell anyone you went to a Corvette site if you won't tell anyone that I suggested it!!   ;D

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: drummingrocks on August 15, 2014, 09:49:21 AM ---
I think the reason you may not be getting any responses is because Eastwood advertises this as an internal frame coating. 

And no, I won't tell anyone you went to a Corvette site if you won't tell anyone that I suggested it!!   ;D

--- End quote ---

Not to mention that since the FACTORY didn't put anything on the vast majority of these hidden areas (prone to rusting out), then ANY method suggested other than "bare naked metal" would NOT be concours, so making comments at this site might be trouble to anybody who approved, especially if somebody was "deducted points" at a show for having done such a treacherous thing. (OK, was that too sarcastic?  ???)

Richard

drummingrocks:

--- Quote from: 67gtasanjose on August 15, 2014, 10:53:10 AM ---Not to mention that since the FACTORY didn't put anything on the vast majority of these hidden areas (prone to rusting out), then ANY method suggested other than "bare naked metal" would NOT be concours, so making comments at this site might be trouble to anybody who approved, especially if somebody was "deducted points" at a show for having done such a treacherous thing. (OK, was that too sarcastic?  ???)

--- End quote ---

I approve 100%  ;D  My underlying goal is to keep my cars operable/on the road for as long as possible.  Ford didn't plan on these cars lasting more than 5 years, and it shows in a lot of ways.  Plus, there's lots to be said about 50+ years of production improvements!  Just because Ford didn't see fit to protect the cowl on these cars doesn't mean I'm going to leave my restorations with "concours" cowl holes, even if these cars were rusting from the day they were driven off the production line!  (sarcasm here too  ;D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version