Author Topic: Underside floor black - Jan 65 Dearborn  (Read 4377 times)

Offline ken540

Re: underside floor black
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 08:46:45 AM »
This my first post and first question.  I am redoing a June 64 Dearborn convertible and want to make it as nice as possible, but not gong as far as Concourse.  Can I paint bottom red oxide and rear wheel wells black?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 02:54:41 PM »
This my first post and first question.  I am redoing a June 64 Dearborn convertible and want to make it as nice as possible, but not gong as far as Concourse.  Can I paint bottom red oxide and rear wheel wells black?

First welcome to the site hope you find usable information that applies to your restoration project

Not sure what "nice as possible" means. Do you mean pretty or do you mean correct/as original?

If you paint the red oxide floors and rear wheelwells black it should look pretty and neat as well as much like allot of drivers and modified cars. It will not look even close to being correct or original (wheel wells were not blacked out and floors were not red oxide for your plant and period) and may lead people viewing you car to either think/believe that its correct or to comment over the fact that its not. 

Concours IMHO is the same as restored and you need to figure out what the game plan is from the start and make all your choices based on what you hope will be the final outcome and vision

Again welcome to the site.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rodster

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 11:28:48 PM »
Four months later ;)

Have some green and blue floors also if we're looking at the whole production year

Yea I know the OP has a Jan car but figured since the subject was underside floor black I'd show mine to add to the database.  ;)
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A