Author Topic: Borescope  (Read 6874 times)

Offline rodster

Re: Borescope
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 10:41:05 PM »
I felt it worked good with my laptop display. Nice and big and easy to see details. Of course the hard part was looking at the screen and trying to move the camera the correct direction when working upside down and backward!  ;D
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 07:49:44 AM »
I felt it worked good with my laptop display. Nice and big and easy to see details. Of course the hard part was looking at the screen and trying to move the camera the correct direction when working upside down and backward!  ;D

Agreed, it is nice to have the big screen, but I see the temptation to (working alone most of the time) set it down someplace awkward, to free up your hand(s) and it somehow falling. I imagine if a 2nd worker can keep the screen in sight and the operator of the camera can see it easily, it is obviously the better way to use this device. I can also see that there are times you need both hands and then you would need to press the <capture> button too.  The phone, not so much awkward and the images, once captured can be emailed out from it.

Just another idea on it's potential usages.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline sah62

• Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 10:55:05 AM »
OK, I may be slow at a few things...I got mine in today, I cannot seem to figure out these (basic) instructions.

Any of you computer geeks hae any ideas?  tried the CD, I plugged it in...I cannot see anything occur even if I try to open or run through my control panel. Here is an image of the instructions:

Richard

I bought one, too. Mine appears to be DOA. The drivers get installed successfully, I can run the webcam software (from the disk that came with the camera, what's in Windows XP, and a different webcam application) and select the device, but the camera isn't showing any images at all. There's just a black box where the camera view should be. I have a note off to the seller.
Scott Hollenbeck
Administrator, Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
Owner, Muscle Car Research LLC
1970 Calypso Coral R-Code Mach 1 (10/69 T)
2019 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
(more non-Ford stuff)

Offline rodster

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 01:44:10 PM »
Agreed, it is nice to have the big screen, but I see the temptation to (working alone most of the time) set it down someplace awkward, to free up your hand(s) and it somehow falling. I imagine if a 2nd worker can keep the screen in sight and the operator of the camera can see it easily, it is obviously the better way to use this device. I can also see that there are times you need both hands and then you would need to press the <capture> button too.  The phone, not so much awkward and the images, once captured can be emailed out from it.

Just another idea on it's potential usages.

I agree, I was worried about the laptop falling while using it.  Both methods have pros/cons. Certainly nothing wrong w/ the phone idea!  ;)

I bought one, too. Mine appears to be DOA. The drivers get installed successfully, I can run the webcam software (from the disk that came with the camera, what's in Windows XP, and a different webcam application) and select the device, but the camera isn't showing any images at all. There's just a black box where the camera view should be. I have a note off to the seller.

Did the leds light up on the camera?  Some folks report issues with getting good units but I guess that is a reflection of the price and norm for today. Not only do cheap items fail, I'm on my 3rd dehumidifier in two years and the place I bought it said that's not too unusual.  :(
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 02:24:45 PM »

Be sure to try another USB plug and copy the files, create & name a folder for each the photos and another for the videos in your Library.
I think if they had a real set of instructions that read correctly in English, the "defects" would be far fewer is nonexistent!

I thought the same thing (Chinese junk) but then I tried the other USB and BINGO!

Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline sah62

• Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 03:59:41 PM »
Did the leds light up on the camera?  Some folks report issues with getting good units but I guess that is a reflection of the price and norm for today. Not only do cheap items fail, I'm on my 3rd dehumidifier in two years and the place I bought it said that's not too unusual.  :(

Yes, the LEDs and the brightness adjustment work fine.

Be sure to try another USB plug and copy the files, create & name a folder for each the photos and another for the videos in your Library.
I think if they had a real set of instructions that read correctly in English, the "defects" would be far fewer is nonexistent!

I thought the same thing (Chinese junk) but then I tried the other USB and BINGO!

Switching ports on one laptop and multiple laptops with different operating systems hasn't made a difference.
Scott Hollenbeck
Administrator, Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
Owner, Muscle Car Research LLC
1970 Calypso Coral R-Code Mach 1 (10/69 T)
2019 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
(more non-Ford stuff)