Author Topic: Battery inspection decal with proper stamps and codes and custom engine Id decal  (Read 857 times)

Offline 1967 eight barrel

I have ask a few times about the battery inspection sticker with the stamps and dates correct, as well as engine decals.  Well, many of you are familiar with this company, who does many things including date coded and correctly marked glass. I gave them the information off my aluminum engine tag as well as the build date for my vehicle.
They charge 7.00 for each one. If you don't have the original information, they can still provide tags.
I thought I'd pass that along to those looking for correct decals, date coded glass and other decals for their vehicles.  -Keith
http://www.ecsautomotive.com/products.php?co=f
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.
Field Marshal Sir William Slim

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
They do allot of nice decals and stickers for out cars and others. One place IMHO they fall short is the battery inspection decal (unless they have changed recently). They haven't been providing a design or fill out method that matches all the production years and assembly plants. Sort of one type fits all :(
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 1967 eight barrel

Brant was the one who recommended them. Thus far, they seem the only ones who offered anything but a blank decal.  I personally have only seen one vehicle that retained an original in all the years I have been looking at them at shows. I'll post pictures of what I receive, you can tell me if it looks right.

-Keith
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.
Field Marshal Sir William Slim

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Brant was the one who recommended them. Thus far, they seem the only ones who offered anything but a blank decal.  I personally have only seen one vehicle that retained an original in all the years I have been looking at them at shows. I'll post pictures of what I receive, you can tell me if it looks right.

Really hard to find them in decent condition. Been studying and collecting pictures of them since the 80's. Unfortunately many don't record when and where the examples come from or lump them all together assuming that what NJ did in 66 was the same as what San Jose did in 70. There is a number of different patterns/back grounds and then there are different colors and practices with each plant and year. Example 68 Dearborn inspector used a different shaped stamp than 69-73 Dearborn.

Sounds good lets see what you get
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)