Author Topic: '67 GTA(a/c, automatic, upper/lower console) wire connection identification  (Read 1148 times)

Offline socalgt

While connecting the original am/8 track radio, and the ash tray out I found a female, 3 wire connection not connected to anything.  Any thoughts?  Attached is a picture.  (The L shaped connector is from the cigarette lighter)  Although all the lights are working in the center floor console, I'm guessing this connector should be used if wired correctly?

Thanks in advance...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 04:25:08 PM by socalgt »

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Yes, I recognise it.  That plug has two light blue wires (w/red tracers), right? It is un-used on every Mustang I have worked on and is a connecting point to supply the illumination bulb to your radio plug you asked about earlier. My thoughts are that Shelby used the connection point for the Shelby amp & oil pressure gages
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:07:02 PM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline socalgt

Good to know....Thanks.

Offline socalgt

And yes...they are blue with red.

Offline jwc66k

It's the light dimmer circuit from the headlight switch. It's one of Ford's "standards", wire 19, 19A, 19B, etc, and 490. My 99 E250 has the same colors and color codes. The "code" may include wire gauge as well.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.