Author Topic: WTB 1967 Mustang FB LH inner fiberglass trim panel.  (Read 1652 times)

1967 eight barrel

WTB 1967 Mustang FB LH inner fiberglass trim panel.
« on: April 18, 2016, 01:35:28 AM »
During an incident with a low blood sugar I lost my balance and stepped on the left side lower front interior trim panel. Color is irrelevant, condition of course is.
If you have a spare you can part with without the asking of my first born, please advise.

-Kindest Regards,
                                                                                   -Keith

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: WTB 1967 Mustang FB LH inner fiberglass trim panel.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 01:42:32 PM »
During an incident with a low blood sugar I lost my balance and stepped on the left side lower front interior trim panel. Color is irrelevant, condition of course is.
If you have a spare you can part with without the asking of my first born, please advise.

-Kindest Regards,
                                                                                   -Keith

Yikes! This kind of crap only happens to me ONLY on my own projects! Good luck in your search.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 01:48:47 PM »
Rich,
Just seems to be a string of events like this the last few years. Surprising how angry one can get at themselves.

-Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 04:50:40 PM »
If I understand correctly your looking for the rear quarter trim panel. Unfortunately don't have one just wanted to mention that there is an early and a late version (one with and one without the trim plate around the rear seat latch

Just so you get either the correct one for your car or at least a matched set ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 08:15:28 PM »
Jeff, I assume you mean where the latch cover bolts on?  If so, there are no reinforcements other than the rail that runs down the top where the sail panel trim bolts to the lower trim, covered by the trim that runs all the way around the midsection.  Is the change in early/late notable from anywhere except the inside?
Do the '67-8 panels interchange other than this feature?

-Keith

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 08:24:39 PM »
My December 66 version has small holes for the folding seat latch and handle, no metal cover plate. 

The "other" version has a much larger hole that allows for full latch access and maintenance, with a decorative escutcheon cover plate painted the same color as the panel.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 08:27:54 PM »
My December 66 version has small holes for the folding seat latch and handle, no metal cover plate. 

The "other" version has a much larger hole that allows for full latch access and maintenance, with a decorative escutcheon cover plate painted the same color as the panel.

Our vehicles were made the same month, but I have the thin stamped metal covers that go over the seat latch opening.
                                                                                                                   -Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 11:54:11 PM »
Thing the change over at San Jose was after December. So that the discussion doesn't get too long here int he wanted ads and so others can find it easier later I'm going to start a thread in the 67-8 Section  so that we can figure out, document and post when the change over took place. Them maybe move to the other two plants for those owners
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 01:49:34 AM »
I am still in need of a panel if anyone has a spare.