Author Topic: 1965 Control valve  (Read 893 times)

Offline suskeenwiske

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 414
  • 214-347-3628
1965 Control valve
« on: June 09, 2016, 01:16:50 AM »
Does anyone know what the circled part was intended to do? It appears to be a cupped semi flexible Nylon Plug that fits snugly inside of the Control Valve Extension, sandwiched between the Ball Stud Socket and the Drag Link Connecting Spindle. I've never seen it included in any kit and am wondering how important it may be.

It's in good condition and will reuse it but am curious.


1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A

Offline caspian65

  • Charles Turner
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6048
Re: 1965 Control valve
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 01:34:49 AM »
Most likely a grease seal.  The V8 version doesn't use that.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jwc66k

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3799
Re: 1965 Control valve
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 12:32:37 PM »
Per the 66 Comet, Falcon, Fairlane and Mustang Shop Manual it's a "plug", ref section 3-4, page 3-41 fig 12. The drawing is stated as being "typical". References to a "plug" are in the disassembly and reassembly procedures.
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.