Author Topic: Leaf Springs  (Read 838 times)

Offline Building 3

Leaf Springs
« on: September 08, 2017, 10:50:53 AM »
In the 1964-66 production of Mustangs did any of the leaf spring ends have a straight edge? I had the understanding that each leaf had a blunt edge but I saw one car with a leaf that had a straight across edge. I am thinking that was a reproduction.
1966 289 C code auto convertible December 1965 scheduled build at Dearborn.

1966 289 C code auto convertible
October 1965 scheduled build at Metuchen.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Leaf Springs
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 05:33:12 PM »
In the 1964-66 production of Mustangs did any of the leaf spring ends have a straight edge? I had the understanding that each leaf had a blunt edge but I saw one car with a leaf that had a straight across edge. I am thinking that was a reproduction.
Straight across is typically after market. Sometimes you will find the original bottom leaf changed out on to a straight across after market upper leafs .  There are some after market sets that have the contour edge like factory. Virginia Mustang sells such a set.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Leaf Springs
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 05:47:47 PM »

Surprised you have only seen one like this (straight leaf ends) +1 on reproductions especially in years past
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)