Author Topic: 1967 Carpet Colors  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Toejamm

1967 Carpet Colors
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:18:42 PM »
Greetings all,

The restoration has started on my 1967 Branded Mustang.  My trim code is 2U and the car has what looks like the original parchment seats, steering wheel and console.  It also has what look like the original Deluxe seat belts in tan (palomino?).  My question is - What color should the carpet be, especially with the tan seat belts?  What color should the package tray be?

Thanks,
Fran
Present Mustangs:
1967 Branded Edition Mustang Coupe
1967 Indy Pacesetter Coupe
1997 Woodward Dream Cruise Edition GT Conv.
2008 Bullitt  Pre-Production 1PP01 - Media Car - First Bullitt Made

Offline MaserGT

Re: 1967 Carpet Colors
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »

All 1967 parchment interior cars had black carpet (and black dash pads).  The seat belts for the parchment interior are a distinctly darker colour/shade than the other parchment finishes as you describe.  The package tray is the flat black textured particle board. It was not painted as part of the factory interior finish assembly process but rather came finished as such from the supplier.
Another quality post brought to you by MaserGT from/ uit/ uut/ aus/ de Vancouver, Canada.

7R02A239___ Dark Moss Green w/ Parchment Dlx, 4 speed - on going project.

Offline Toejamm

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 03:35:10 PM »
Thanks for the help, MaserGT.

I just thought the tan seat belt retractors would look odd on the black carpet.  I also thought the same for the black package tray.  Oh well - Correct is correct.  I also just came across some pics of unrestored cars to back-up what you said. 
Thanks again.

Fran
Present Mustangs:
1967 Branded Edition Mustang Coupe
1967 Indy Pacesetter Coupe
1997 Woodward Dream Cruise Edition GT Conv.
2008 Bullitt  Pre-Production 1PP01 - Media Car - First Bullitt Made

Offline MaserGT

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 08:45:32 PM »
I just thought the tan seat belt retractors would look odd on the black carpet. 

Notwithstanding what I wrote above... My very late 1967 (last week of production) San Jose built fastback (deluxe parchment int.) has optional shoulder belts.  The original shoulder belts are black.  All the standard belts are *tan*. 

I agree with your comment on the look of the belts.  On redoing the interior of my fastback, I installed all black belts (incorrect but look better IMO).
Another quality post brought to you by MaserGT from/ uit/ uut/ aus/ de Vancouver, Canada.

7R02A239___ Dark Moss Green w/ Parchment Dlx, 4 speed - on going project.