Author Topic: Waterpump pulley and Valve Cover stamps  (Read 2477 times)

Offline 68 S Code

Waterpump pulley and Valve Cover stamps
« on: June 23, 2011, 12:26:18 AM »
Just trying to finalize detailing of some engine components before bolting them on. I would like to rent the "OK" valve cover stamp and the waterpump pulley stamp. I would pay a rental fee and all shipping to and from. I just need it for a a couple of hours so turnarounf would be quick. Hate to go to the trouble of having stamps made to use once. The waterpump pulley stamp I need is C8AE-8509-C same as on a CJ. Pm me if you can help. If not then how would I go about having stamps made? Where?

Offline 68 S Code

Re: Waterpump pulley and Valve Cover stamps
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 10:39:53 PM »
Forum member has offered to make me a set. Thanks for looking.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »
Sounds great glad you found some one - be aware that there are about four different sizes and styles of the valve cover one ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 08:32:06 AM »
The OK is the one used on 68 1/2 CJ. Hope that's right.

Offline G Wood

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 10:21:39 AM »
Can anyone help to clarify what should be on a January Dearborn S Code valve cover and water pump and then where best to source (or how to make)?
65 Caspian Blue Fastback C Code, 11/4/64 SJ Build
70 Boss 302 9/29/69 Dearborn Build
12 Black GT500 SVT Convertible

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 10:50:52 PM »
Can anyone help to clarify what should be on a January Dearborn S Code valve cover and water pump and then where best to source (or how to make)?

The OK stamp (though there are at least 5 different variations that I've seen on different years - different engine plants) is pretty standard by 68 on many engines

The water pump pulley stamp was only used on some pulleys IMHO likely due to a different supplier, that did not get the engineering number stamped into the metal. Only seen a few cars with these

Don't know where you would purchase them and (just for me) I tend to find that many lack the correct sizing, font, spacing ... that I'm looking for so I spend many hours in Paintbrush and Photoshop redrawing my own (did computer based graphic arts and layout for a fair number of years ;)
Jeff Speegle

Offline G Wood

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:29:05 AM »
Jeff:

Do you happen to have a photo for what should be correct for a Jan 69 Mach 1 S Code and I can try it from there. Would the 390 stamp be the same as the 428CJ stamp?

Thanks
65 Caspian Blue Fastback C Code, 11/4/64 SJ Build
70 Boss 302 9/29/69 Dearborn Build
12 Black GT500 SVT Convertible

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 09:00:53 PM »
Jeff:

Do you happen to have a photo for what should be correct for a Jan 69 Mach 1 S Code and I can try it from there. Would the 390 stamp be the same as the 428CJ stamp?

Still away from my picture collection (not ignoring the post ;) I"ll double check when I return

If I forget just remind me please
Jeff Speegle