Author Topic: Starter wires  (Read 1456 times)

Offline 68 S Code

Starter wires
« on: July 17, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »
I looked over a couple of starter wires and found one with a  C6DF#####-A T SX and one with no marks at all but the ends look identical and the insulater tubing is in great shape. Did the cables installed on the line always have part numbers and marking in white ink?  The no number cable would need some cleaning but is complete with nice insulater.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:08:59 PM by 68 S Code »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Starter wires
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 07:01:23 PM »
Always found printing on the outer wire jacket of original starter cables
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:36:31 PM »
I looked over a couple of starter wires and found one with a  C6DF#####-A T SX and one with no marks at all but the ends look identical and the insulater tubing is in great shape. Did the cables installed on the line always have part numbers and marking in white ink?  The no number cable would need some cleaning but is complete with nice insulater.
I thought I would mention that repro battery cable wire sets have been around for 25 or 30 years now in various forms. They were one of the first things the aftermarket industry tried to do back when in response to what every Mustang seemed to need.  When they first came out they did not have any engineering numbers on them. They evolved over a number of years with every manufacturer. This may not be the case with yours. They may be wiped clean from a previous encounter. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 12:25:10 AM »
I hope I'm not hijacking. ;) 

How do we identify Original Battery Cables?

Thanks, Andrew
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs