Author Topic: Car Cover  (Read 1265 times)

Offline trudera

Car Cover
« on: February 11, 2013, 09:31:08 PM »
I would like to learn about your experiences with car covers. I want to get a good interior form fitting cover. I'm in Canada so the car stays covered for at least 5 months a year. I'm leaning towards a covercraft. What would you recommend?
5F08C686647
5F07C714555

Offline jwc66k

Re: Car Cover
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 12:12:01 AM »
Covercraft is a good brand, I've got three. I have two of my Mustangs in my garage, covered, and the third is outside with a car cover but also under a canopy. Its been that way for over a dozen years. If you can (snow fall amounts being what they may be), consider a canopy or semi-permanent cover of some type. Moisture is your biggest problem and snow does melt. Also get a set of canvas wheel covers to keep your tires and wheels clean. Another concern is the sun. A cover exposed to the sun will deteriorate quickly, in other words you'll be replacing the cover in a couple of years no matter what.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:41:45 AM »
If its for temperature control storage I like the expensive flannel covers (have some that are close to 30 yrs old)  or the newer dust buster style (still cotton and soft)  both Covercraft.  Just purchased a cheap (under $100) for the Cougar - at best it might protect the car if I rub up against to but not sure if its going to block the dust and will not protect the car if I bump up against it.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline trudera

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »
I have a heated garage that stays around 55 degrees. I usually turn the heat up on the weekend to putter around. I think I'm going to go with the covercraft dustop line of fitted covers.

Randy
5F08C686647
5F07C714555