Author Topic: Original paint in Concours Trailered  (Read 2324 times)

Offline 1969boss9

Original paint in Concours Trailered
« on: July 03, 2013, 11:09:41 AM »
 How much of a hit would I probably receive with a 70-75% original paint car in Concours Trailered class?  The paint is Very Good for original however it has a couple areas that are thin. Also the interior is also original and the door panels have a slight depression in one or two spots.

Offline caspian65

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Original paint in Concours Trailered
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:51:08 PM »
Concours Trailered is a restored class, so it would be judged on perfection.  You might be better putting the car in Unrestored.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 1969boss9

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »
The car had  Z-bart rust proofing on it so I had to remove all of that to show it, so I went ahead and restored and detailed the undercarriage, the I then had and engine issue so the engine bay was detailed. These are why I can not show it in "Unrestored".  But I do not want to do away with the original paint, I'm sure you would understand.

Offline PerkinsRestoration

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 03:17:29 PM »
 The original intent for the Thoroughbred class was for Original paint cars that had engine and undercarriage detail. The first thing to usually show age is motor and bare metal components on undercarriage. Many low mileage original paint cars had no venue in MCA so this class was created By Jim Osborne and myself in late 80's. If your car has most correct parts it will probably do better in this class than trailered concours. Thoroughbred class today usually consist of totally restored cars as there are few original paint cars with paint good enough to meet Thoroughbred condition standards. We will be bringing a 800 mile 71 Boss to Indy in August. The paint is nearly flawless. The original stripes application is terrible. Don't line up, short on doors etc. No one would accept this on a restored car, but will be fine in THB class as judges are very much aware of assembly line workmanship. A tough class to judge if your not familiar with unrestored cars and 60's assembly line workmanship. Your car may receive a deduction for excessive paint wear,while the fresh repaint parked next to you may also for no peel in the paint. A silver or bronze award in Thoroughbred is still a big accomplishment for any Boss Mustang.

Offline mgmradio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 07:39:30 PM »
The Zbart would have been OK in the Unrestored class.
Formerly the MCA ANHJ 64.5-66!