Author Topic: 428 CJ 8C engine and a pair of 428 CJ 8B heads  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Keithc8

428 CJ 8C engine and a pair of 428 CJ 8B heads
« on: March 04, 2010, 01:44:23 AM »
 Have a nice 428CJ  8C engine going together. Trying to do one for a little less money than our normal deal. This is a .030 over block fully machined correct with TRW forged pistons. Federal Mogul replacement cam and lifters. Has the correct 1U crank that has been freshly turned that made a 010/010. CJ rods with new ARP rod bolts re sized. New Melling HV oil pump, original Ford stamped oil pan, correct 8C heads completely rebuilt with correct 8C date code intake and water pump as well as a 68 front cover with three dots. The damper has a 7M date stamp on it. The engine will be complete from intake to oil pan with new correct chrome valve covers with the water pump using a restoration AMK bolt kit. The engine will be painted the right Ford Blue after assembled like the original  engines were done. Engine will dyno tested with the camshaft broke in and checked for leaks with oil dye as well as checked for power. The engines are balanced and blueprint assembled. You get balance, build, parts and dyno sheets with the engine. This engine should make about 480 ft/lbs of torque and 400HP.
 Special for the forum members at 8995.00. I have this engine on E-Bay for 1000.00 more right now. Great date coded engine for the Shelby or 68 1/2 Mustang you are doing. Feel free to call me at 870-246-7460.

Also have a nice set of 428CJ heads with 8B date codes going together. They have been baked, tumbled and crack checked all holes tapped. Hardened exh seats installed, fresh correct valve job done. valves back cut, bowl cut as needed, deck and exhaust sides milled for gasket seal, valves have been level so that you get the same pre-load on lifters. New stainless steel valves installed with new springs, original retainers with new locks. Spring pressures tested and assembled heights checked with the heads assembled for your application. New valve seals and spring shims where required.
 I have seen so much of this stuff hacked up and done wrong by so many shops. Get a quality piece for your car and not a bunch of stuff thrown together. Heads ready to bolt on for 1895.00

Thanks, Keith Craft
870-246-7460