Author Topic: Best repro interior  (Read 2056 times)

Offline rusty nuts

Best repro interior
« on: January 29, 2013, 01:56:57 AM »
Hi guys I just thought I'd ask about your experience on restoring interiors and seat vinyls, and also if the repro interior kits are all much the same or if some are better than others?

Offline DM_1964

Re: Best repro interior
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 12:20:28 AM »
Charles/Jeff, who would you recommend for repro interior, particulary the seat covers, others like door inserts and carpet (ACC from NPD seems to be the best carpet out there)?
Any suggestions/recommendations?
Regards,
Dom
64 1/2 Caspian Blue Convertible - Dearborn

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 10:15:26 AM »
TMI is pretty good, not sure if they fixed the dimensions of the welt-cord.  If they did, then it would be a really nice product.

For extra effort, you could procure NOS vinyl and have seat covers and door panels made.  Have to contact Scott Halseth at NPD to arrange this.  It's not too much more expensive to have them made.  Obviously, NOS vinyl can get pricey depending on how much is needed.  $25-50 a yard.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline DM_1964

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:30:36 PM »
For extra effort, you could procure NOS vinyl and have seat covers and door panels made.
I could see the benefit in getting standard seats made, what about the insert with ponies on pony interiors?
Regards,
Dom
64 1/2 Caspian Blue Convertible - Dearborn

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 11:02:49 PM »
I could see the benefit in getting standard seats made, what about the insert with ponies on pony interiors?

I would seek out a real nice original set of inserts if I was going through the trouble of using NOS vinyl.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin