Author Topic: Auto Color Library.  (Read 1382 times)

Offline RHarden

Auto Color Library.
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:32:03 AM »
I found this web site, http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/. It has good colored pictures of all of the old paint chips the paint shops have. I used it all the time.

Offline drummingrocks

Re: Auto Color Library.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:43:54 AM »
+1, I use this all the time too.  It's a great resource, since it has scans of all of the old paint chip books.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Auto Color Library.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:05:46 PM »
Its been posted numerous times in other threads but no problem posting it again. Be aware that they do not always have the mixes for the colors listed but just show the old clips  and you can ask them if they do or do not have them reformulated for the newer paint.  Guess I should find the time and post the same pages from the early chip books here in our library.

Did work with them on one of the original colors that they now carry - they can do color matching if you want to send a sample of original color. Just like your local paint shop would, but in this case they keep that mix and then make it available to others if I understand correctly

If anyone is concerned they believe that it is your responsibility to be aware of what is legal to apply in your region of the country since they sell things like lacquer and other paints what may not be permitted in you area. Don't know if the goverment is tracking this - just wanted to mention.

Just checked looks like I reformated the clip pages (well at least more than 50%) and the text just never posted them in the library - look fro them there soon
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:37:05 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)