Author Topic: 67-68 Mustang REAR BUMPER core for rechrome maybe NOS?  (Read 1020 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
67-68 Mustang REAR BUMPER core for rechrome maybe NOS?
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:23:49 AM »
I would prefer an October dated REAR BUMPER core, better if dated before the 20th if possible.

NOS is acceptable too. 

I may be interested in other dates for a core since my front is NOS anyways and not correct already therefore it may not be unreasonable to have one (off dated) the same on rear.

If anyone is VERY HAPPY with a quality aftermarket, let me know your take on those too (the "good", the "bad" & the "ugly"). I might end up going that route anyways (at least for the time being) if I don't find a good core or extremely nice 'otherwise'.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 67gtasanjose

Re: 67-68 Mustang REAR BUMPER core for rechrome maybe NOS?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 07:30:43 AM »
found one with some light scratches, looking for ideas and suggestions. (see new post under Processes & Techniques)
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 12:17:58 PM »
found one with some light scratches, looking for ideas and suggestions. (see new post under Processes & Techniques)
If you mean light scratchs in new chrome you can try polishing it with metal polish like mothers or semi chrome but unless they are very light they will not come out. Chrome is very hard and typically will not polish. re chroming is the fix.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 12:30:47 PM »
If you mean light scratchs in new chrome you can try polishing it with metal polish like mothers or semi chrome but unless they are very light they will not come out. Chrome is very hard and typically will not polish. re chroming is the fix.

I have the bumper in front of me, took some pictures. FLASH makes it look FAR WORSE than it is, without flash pictures look better than it is. Personally, I get the feeling they will clean up with the right approach but I don't want to do something I will later regret. I get the feeling any chrome shop would be more than willing to re-plate and 100% likely to not even try to work on it. (see pics below)

I ordered some of that semichrome paste to try
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:33:57 PM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch