Author Topic: I.D.help  (Read 1704 times)

Offline djburton

I.D.help
« on: April 08, 2015, 12:19:09 PM »

Getting my 93 LX coup 4 cyl coupe basket case reassembled and can't find a place for these 2 pcs.Anybody know?  Thanks!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:22:57 PM by djburton »

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: I.D.help
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »
the bottom one is a front splash shield. it goes in front of the front wheel. connects to the frame rail with x-mas tree fasteners. the top pics looks like it may be a kick panel insulation. get the engineering # from it and call your local ford dealer. they should be able to look it up.
5F09C331248

Offline djburton

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 01:44:06 PM »
Thanks!Got the 2nd pc figured out.The 1st has D4DBA54 stamp.My guy at ford says the no.  is not complete and he couldn't find it.When they still had microfiche they could usually come up with something.It doesn't seem to fit either kick panel....it looks to be fastened by 1 large washer head bolt like used in the dash.

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 10:43:14 AM »
It's going to be tough to guess where the insulation in the top pic came from, unless you just happen to run across it.  I would focus in on the slit cut into the jute.  It's there for a reason; either something went through the padding in that area, or it was cut there to allow the jute to install around an interior component or brace.  That may narrow down the location a bit.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline C5ZZ

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 09:15:46 PM »
The first picture looks to have E4DB which would mean it was originally designed
for a 84 LTD, the small LTD that was foxbody based. Its a clean part so went
somewhere inside the car. The E4DB is the prefix of the part number, following
it is the basic part number that would be something like 6123106, this number
would tell what it is, where it goes but you say its not there. Maybe behind the
kickpanel is a good guess since that area is more likely to be the same on a Mustang
as a foxbody LTD rather than the rest of the car.
MCA # 00945

65 Fastback, 6 cyl, AT, AC, PS, PB
Rangoon Red/Red Interior

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 01:25:26 AM »
Back seat in the quarter, where the seat belt reel attaches to the body.  (that is the cut out)

Mark
P.S one on each side of car
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969