Author Topic: 1968 Mustang 2+2 orig Postcard, San Francisco Bay Bridge FoMoCo NOS  (Read 1107 times)

Offline mustangtown

… 1968 Mustang Red 2+2 Postcard, the Classic Fastback is shown here at the San Francisco Bay with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. Factory Original FoMoCo NOS and in Mint Condition. The New Car Salesmen used Postcards to contact potential customers and invite them to see the New Ford Line-up at the Dealers Showroom. The Photo shows a view of the same Postcard front and back.
… The back of the Post Card states that “Better Ideas Come From Ford” - 1968 Mustang 2+2 Fastback. There is also space provided to add a personal note from the Dealer or Salesmen. You can easily personalize it by adding information that would pertain to your car.
… Rare in this original excellent unused condition. - Small price to pay for this compliment to your collectible Ford materials or a nice addition to a 60s Era Automotive Memorabilia Collection. And a Perfect Display at Car Shows for those extra points. Now Some Car Shows Point Systems Actually Deduct Points; If Your Car Does Not Have Some Form of Glove Compartment Paper Work. Items like this will also help Add Provenance to your Mustangs History…
... This Post Card has been tucked away for 41 years since I took it off the Salesmen's desk as he prepared his desk for the New 1969 model Ford Merchandizing Materials. Although one of the duties of a Ford Salesman back then was these mailings; the reality was the Salesmen did not have much free time for envelope stuffing. Even back then it was apparent that this Era for Ford was to become renowned, so they would save things like this for me.
... Imagine the opportunity; after having received this Postcard - Invitation from Ford and bringing it back to view Fords New Car Showroom. This was one of the most exciting Showrooms in Automotive History. With that also came the opportunity to Test Drive one of Fords New High Performance Engines including the Big Block 428 Cobra Jet; which I actually did. Back in 68 the Dealers Showrooms were an exciting meeting Place for Car Enthusiasts with all manner of Wild Showroom Displays including Fords World Wide Racing Accomplishments.
Note! in the back ground is the Postcards original 1968 Ford Marketing Shipping Box inc USPS label; this box of course is for reference only and not part of this sale.
... Price is $13.95 plus United States Postal Shipping in a Protected stiff envelope for the Contiguous USA; 1st Class cost for this is $2.25 or Priority Mail would be $4.75 _ that includes ‘Delivery Confirmation’ better to be safe then sorry.
Additionally; Insurance is available with Priority Mail (recommended)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:05:26 AM by mustangtown »
My 1st Mustang was in 67 while working at Ford; now own 99 + but don't get jealous none restored- fav are 64-66 Some of the interesting are-
1966 KGT Cpe 4spd Export #95 FIA#5011, placed 1st in many Euro Road Races/ 66 Loaded KGT C4Auto, SunX Black Convt Burgundy Pony Int./ 64.5 Convt D Code 4V 4spd