Author Topic: 1968 A/C Condensor, NOS? where, Even Refurbished Ford? Great Reproduction?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline TimC

Hi ,
     I have a 68 Cougar X code that I am restoring, and I have a NOS, dryer I bought on the way, and I am in need of a NOS, condenser, and or a refurbished, or and outstanding used Ford one if possible? Your Ideas? or a great reproduction would be good

Thank You,

TimC

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Not sure that anyone reproduces a good copy of the condensors  - sure others will post in with their findings or challenges but I seem to remember the service replacements being different also
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Hi ,
     I have a 68 Cougar X code that I am restoring, and I have a NOS, dryer I bought on the way, and I am in need of a NOS, condenser, and or a refurbished, or and outstanding used Ford one if possible? Your Ideas? or a great reproduction would be good

Thank You,

TimC
It depends on what your expectations are. For instance I would be willing to bet that your NOS dryer is a later service variation that is different then assemblyline. The latter service or repro condenser will be just as off compared to a assemblyline unit. I spent a considerable amount of time researching the proper way to have original assemblyline driers refurbished. I keep a few on the shelf . I also try and have a few original condensers around too. If economy is a concern then the repro is the way to go . If originality is a concern then a refurbished assemblyline unit can't be beat.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline TimC

Hi
   Ideas on where to get original cores to have refurbished?

Thanks,
TimC

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Hi
   Ideas on where to get original cores to have refurbished?

Thanks,
TimC
If you have a usable assemblyline dryer core you can get them done through me . I don't typically restore condensors but I can. The cost to restore a condensor is that of having it pressure tested and repair leaks plus the several hours it takes to detail a tested one. If it has a twisted inlet / outlet or loss or missing fins it typically isn't worth messing with. People typically like to save money and do the normal detailing themselves. I just charge the same shop rate of whatever shop I am currently having body and paint work done at. That way it offsets my project expenses. Most of the time people shy away from paying the labor rate to do clean up and detailing of parts when they can do it themselves.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby