Author Topic: Weather striping part #  (Read 1154 times)

Offline ruppstang

Weather striping part #
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:20:03 PM »
Some time ago some one was asking is there was a ford part #s on weather stripping. I got a NOS windshield gasket with a project I bought last week and there is a Ford part number on it

Offline 67gta289

Re: Weather striping part #
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 06:44:22 AM »
I stripped a coupe recently and I agree with part number on the windshield weatherstrip, but I could not find any on the coupe rear glass strip.  I do see them on vent window, door inner, and door outer.

Richard was asking the question here:  http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=12177.msg73901#msg73901
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 08:00:20 AM »
Yes, I had purchased what was IN a box and presumably was a NOS COUPE Rear Window weatherstrip but found no identifying markings to support the "previously opened" package as being genuine NOS upon initial inspection. Further investigation proved to match up enough to the same as other NOS rear window weatherstrips presently on the market KNOWN to be New Old Stock genuine Ford so I resigned to believe that what I had was genuine. (no Ford engineering number present) There seems to be only the corners have a number like "2" or "4" molded onto them, no other engineering marks have been found on these strips (unlike windshield or other ones elsewhere on these cars)

I could NOT vouch for original assembly line weatherstrips (again, on a COUPE) since mine had been replaced in the mid-late 80's with a new vinyl top installation and is no longer available for inspection.

Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 09:10:50 AM »
I have a 67 SJ coupe that I believe that the back window seal is original I plan the change it and will let you know what I find.
Marty