Author Topic: 1967 shelby inboard wiring harness securing clips. Pictures?  (Read 10507 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1967 shelby inboard wiring harness securing clips. Pictures?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 01:52:03 AM »
The rear large plugs are the same difficult to find as the clips and the grill channel. If your low beam buckets still have the large rubber grommets  move the rubber to the inboard. Remember the bulb holding dish portion of the bucket is unique to high beam and low beam. The fender buckets are not as noticeable and a good place for a substitute rubber grommet or if you don't have the correct bucket with the big hole . I got some lower grills from the guy selling the outboard lower grills. The rubber channel is a acceptable substitute. I have a friend (different then who you are corresponding with)who sells the small mesh outboard lower grill to Branda and I am almost positive that the grills they are sold to Branda with the rubber channel included. I let him use my original to try and find a substitute.  If i can remember I will try and take a picture of the original. I think I have one extra piece somewhere.
The channel on the grill is the one that the is on the ones i got from the SAAC forum member/ebay seller. The other is a know original of at least one style.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 02:38:00 AM »
The lowers you have is what I saw. The seal you have in your hand is completely different from most cross sections of rubber channel commercially available. Thanks again for the pictures.

Offline WT8095

• Dave Z.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 09:35:26 PM »
Try a Google image search using the terms "rubber U channel" or "capping rubber". You'l have to do some lots of calling around, and ultimately you may run into minimum quantity requirements, but there's also a possibility that someone may have a few small pieces laying around or even be able to send you a free sample.

Closest profile I saw in a quick search was from abcrubber.com, see the attached image.
Dave Z.

'68 fastback, S-code + C6. Special Paint (Rainbow promotion), DSO 710784. Actual build date 2/7/1968, San Jose.
'69 Cougar convertible, 351W-2V + FMX, Meadowlark Yellow.

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 04:44:30 AM »
Thanks, Dave.  Steele has a couple options as well, however I am not sure what to do with 15' of the stuff.. 8)
I will have no choice however, as I don't want the paint scratched in the lower radiator opening.

Offline WT8095

• Dave Z.
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 08:53:38 AM »
Thanks, Dave.  Steele has a couple options as well, however I am not sure what to do with 15' of the stuff.. 8)
I will have no choice however, as I don't want the paint scratched in the lower radiator opening.

You could buy more Shelbys to use it up on...  ;D

[Is the plural "Shelbys" or "Shelbies"?]
Dave Z.

'68 fastback, S-code + C6. Special Paint (Rainbow promotion), DSO 710784. Actual build date 2/7/1968, San Jose.
'69 Cougar convertible, 351W-2V + FMX, Meadowlark Yellow.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 05:39:18 PM »
You could buy more Shelbys to use it up on...  ;D

[Is the plural "Shelbys" or "Shelbies"?]
Shelby's ?
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 05:47:56 PM »
My English major daughter says "Shelbys".  Same for the plural of car (cars), dollar (dollars).

Using the apostrophe is for the possessive form.  For example something you might hear at an auction "this car has Shelby's signature on the dash".

So if there were three cars in a row at the auction, the proper grammar would be "we have here three Shelbys, each with Shelby's signature on the dash"

OK back to fixing up old cars...
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2016, 06:00:07 PM »
My English major daughter says "Shelbys".  Same for the plural of car (cars), dollar (dollars).

Using the apostrophe is for the possessive form.  For example something you might hear at an auction "this car has Shelby's signature on the dash".

So if there were three cars in a row at the auction, the proper grammar would be "we have here three Shelbys, each with Shelby's signature on the dash"

OK back to fixing up old cars...
Grammer is the least of my problems  ;) .

Offline Brian in PA

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2016, 09:53:45 PM »
If you guys are looking to sell a chunk of that grill channel, hit me up I need some for my build. Just pm me and I'll send PayPal. Thanks. Brian.

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2016, 10:35:33 PM »
Bob: Would you like me to send you Hooked on Phonics for Christmas?  ;D
It would be Shelbys for plural. I think the spousal unit may have something to say if that were in the works knowing what this one cost to do.. 8)

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2016, 10:40:13 PM »
Grammer is the least of my problems  ;) .

Bob: I will refrain from comment. However, it could be worse and you could be "Special Ed".. :o
P.S. Grammar is the word of the day! Bwahahhahah!

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2016, 10:49:36 PM »
Bob: I will refrain from comment. However, it could be worse and you could be "Special Ed".. :o
P.S. Grammar is the word of the day! Bwahahhahah!
I am afraid that I have been around him too long and it is rubbing off.  Ed recently learned how to text. He texted a mutual friend. The mutual friend texted back " I don't understand your text ,it looks like a puzzle. hF%#qi " ;D . I still laugh everytime I think of it.   

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2016, 10:55:42 PM »
That's funny, Bob!  Kind of like me teaching my father. I am in the middle. Electronics came to be after I was an adult, so I was at the transition. My father, despite being an electrical contractor for the oil industry had a hard time with computers, yet he was one of the best trouble shooters in the industry. Now at 80, it's entertaining to watch him play with some of my stuff at times.
                                                           -Keith