Author Topic: Internal Body Panel Rust Removing, Dr X Rust Remover Products  (Read 2067 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
 :PHas anyone used these products?  Snake oil maybe? The Youtube video looks impressive.

I have interest in treating surface rust between hood braces, trunk lid braces, welded into the fender support braces and the likes. These panels are impossible to get "inside" of. Trying to disolve that hidden rust before applying a sealant to prevent further rusting on these areas that are "hidden" bare metal surfaces.

Link to the product's  website: http://www.drx1.com/purchase/
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 11:55:05 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline ninedrvr

Re: Internal Body Panel Rust Removing, Dr X Rust Remover Products
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »
OK. So I watched these videos for this Dr. X stuff but I'm not seeing how to handle the inside the hood, trunk lid and fender braces. What is everybody using for these spots?
1969 GT500 Convertible Recreation

Offline 67gtasanjose

Re: Internal Body Panel Rust Removing, Dr X Rust Remover Products
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »
Back when I was asking about this, as you see, no feedback at the time. Somebody mentioned another rust dissolver product in another thread about this time called RUST911. It arrives as a single gallon but it is concentrated to make 16 gallons from it. I ended up making a tub out of plywood and layers of heavy plastic sheeting. It took about 20 gallons to fully immerse the hood with what I made. It worked AMAZING! The vendor also sells a Metal Shield that can be sprayed on for flash rusting. It easily cleans off with thinner for painting. I've only moved into the primer stage so I cannot vouch for longevity yet but I see nothing growing back when I look inside. I did treat the inside with some older epoxy sealer from another job. I taped off the edges and rolled the hood around to work it into the seams.

Pictures of the dissolver in action after about 15 minutes show the clear water-like dissolver looking like a cloud of smoke billowing out as it worked on the rust. Overnight and the inside was smooth, bare metal.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:13:37 PM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:08:20 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch