Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Anyone use Scott Fuller exhaust reproductions?

(1/6) > >>

Morsel:
I was looking at his stuff because I'm thinking about redoing my dual GT HiPo exhaust system and from what I'm seeing it looks really good. What do you all think, anyone use his stuff, have any problems with them???

J_Speegle:
Have used his system on a number of cars I own and have built. As well have judges plenty of them. Would not hesitate recommending the parts and systems for anyone doing a real restoration.  Have a driver or beater other systems might be a better choice for you - just don't say you restored the car ;)  IMHO

I did try and cut a corner (already purchase a new H pipe for my Boss). Put the whole system on when I installed the rebuilt motor and the only pipe I'm still having issues with is the non-Fuller H pipe. Got to heat it up and beat it with a hammer to get it to clear the clutch arm :(   Oh well my choice.

Others will work but I've not had them go in and have no issues as I have the Fuller items. Just my experience 

Paperback Writer:
I purchased the following items from Scott Fuller for the restoration of my '67 GTA Convertible back in 2013:

Part # EX-MU3         1967 2-inch Transverse Muffler (date coded August 1966)
Part # EX-MC5         1967-1973 Mustang 2-inch tailpipe band clamp (2 required)
Part # EX-MC6         1967/68/69 Mustang Tailpipe/Tip Horseshoe Clamp (2 required)
Part # EX-RB1          1967-69 Resonator/Intermediate Pipe Bracket-to-Hanger Bolts (4 required)

I even told Scott when I ordered the parts that unfortunately my budget wouldn't allow me to purchase a full 390 dual exhaust system from him (it would have been about $2,900), and that I would probably need to integrate his parts with those from NPD.  Scott was very understanding of my financial situation, and even offered tips on putting it all together - great guy!

As Jeff said, Scott sells really high-quality stuff, and it's definitely the way to go for a concours restoration.  However, if you're looking for something to use on a driver car (something that will be driven on wet roads), then there are less expensive alternatives...

I would have no hesitations about buying parts from Scott again, and I hope purchase the rest of the 390 dual exhaust kit from him someday soon!

Morsel:
Thanks for the info. I do know there are cheaper ways to go out there, but I have been doing my car as correct as possible even to the point of using barely any reproduction parts, that's why I was struggling with this and how to handle the exhaust, mine are wrong and rusted to begin with anyway. The car is not a driver, but a very limited "drive downtown and to some car shows is about it. It will live in a bubble most of the time.

What did you get bare steel or aluminized? I would assume you're asking for trouble with bare steel, rust no matter what you do... just wondering which route I should go?

Thanks as always,

Jason

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Morsel on November 02, 2016, 08:53:07 PM ---What did you get bare steel or aluminized? I would assume you're asking for trouble with bare steel, rust no matter what you do... just wondering which route I should go?

--- End quote ---

I've always purchased or chosen the bare still (it comes coated with a protectant for shipping and storage) for my application. But or conditions are much different than allot of other areas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version