Author Topic: Core support markings  (Read 1522 times)

Offline macdude67

Core support markings
« on: July 09, 2010, 08:35:27 PM »
I have the following on my core support. it is a June 14 1964 dated coupe. written in some sort of white ink or paint. Facing the car just to the right of the pass side hood bumper support is written C 2 3, below that is 65A, below that 86 then RM then BL. Also the C 2 3 is also written in the same style underneath the paint on the pass side cowl panel about 2 inches from the antenna hole. I take it the 65A denotes my coupe body style but the can only speculate what the others mean. Maybe the B L means black, it does have black interior.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Core support markings
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 10:13:42 PM »
86 is your interior code.  RM on an early car usually indicates rocker moldings and BL is for backup lights.

C23 may be incomplete, they are usually a 3 digit past the letter, but not always.  This has something to do with the build sequence/scheduling.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline macdude67

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:45:54 PM »
Just the C 2 3, there written large enough that they occupy all the flat area on the core support.

Offline sdgrant

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 02:14:36 PM »
On other core support markings, I would expect to see the car's exterior paint code to the left of the 86.  For example, mine shows "C42", where C is the paint code of Pace Car White, and 42 is the interior code of white w/ blue appointments.
Steve Grant
MCA Certified Judge, '64½ - '66 class
1964½ Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car coupe