Author Topic: Thermactor Hose - '67 289  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Deuce

Re: Thermactor Hose - '67 289
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 11:34:23 PM »
The drivers side may have been cut from bulk hose (markings more randomly placed/situated) than the passenger side which appears to be a specific length and formed

Just a possibility.

Yes, that would make sense.  The chart from Mannel book (pic in the OP) shows this straight driver-side hose is cut at 33 1/2," as might come from bulk stock.  It's not a formed hose with elbows/bends like the passenger-side hose.
Deuce
1967 C-code Hardtop Coupe, C-4, AC, PS, T/E; SJ built Nov 30 1966, DSO 71___Unrestored
2008 Premium GT Coupe, 5-speed, rear spoiler delete, HID headlamps, well-optioned, Flat Rock built Oct 23 2007, RC 72

Offline 7R02A

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 12:12:20 AM »
Clamps are originals that were replated.  I was very lucky to find the nice hoses.  I have been working on creating the art work to try to make stamps for all the smog hoses.  I have found them all to be marked except the drivers side long hose which you were inquiring about.  I agree with Jeff, it appears to have been bulk hose cut to length.
John
1967 Fastback, A code, automatic transmission, Deluxe interior, AC, PS, P disc brakes, tilt, consoles, exterior group, fold down, DSO 71.
San Jose build, Actual build: Dec 17, 66.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 06:44:52 AM »
Clamps are originals that were replated.  I was very lucky to find the nice hoses. I have been working on creating the art work to try to make stamps for all the smog hoses.  I have found them all to be marked except the drivers side long hose which you were inquiring about.  I agree with Jeff, it appears to have been bulk hose cut to length.

That would be awesome! Finding original hoses in good or very good condition is hard enough, adding this detail without anything to at least copy is essentially impossible. Using "faded images" found online might be another trap of sorts.

I like that we are discussing this topic in depth. These are the details that help set the standard for others to strive for.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 05:23:29 PM »
Clamps are originals that were replated.  I was very lucky to find the nice hoses.  I have been working on creating the art work to try to make stamps for all the smog hoses.  I have found them all to be marked except the drivers side long hose which you were inquiring about.  I agree with Jeff, it appears to have been bulk hose cut to length.

Biggest challenge for stamping large markings on hose appears (and have been told) is the type of in used and the stamp. Know that some have gone to making a metal stamp that is curved for similar things.

As far as drivers side hoses can't recall (since I don't have a picture) what the markings were but there is a drivers side one for sale currently on Ebay  just can't match the marking but the bends suggest its for the external style Thermactor system
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)