Author Topic: Paint for wheels  (Read 1516 times)

Offline ChrisV289

Paint for wheels
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:04:34 AM »
What type of paint should be used for the Magnum 500 wheels? A search came up with Krylon 1613 which is semi flat but the formula has changed. Prefer a rattle can to paint the wheels.

Thanks
Chris
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Paint for wheels
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 05:48:30 PM »
Krylon semi-gloss is still available through some farm or industrial outlets. Don't recall the product number but think the should be on the side of the boxes they came in. If someone else doesn't pull it up online I'll get in the cabinets and get a number from the boxes I last purchased a year or so ago.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 09:35:25 PM »
My understanding it is still available through Grainger's.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline Morsel

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 06:06:41 PM »
If you call up Krylon direct and tell them you're looking for a local supplier where you can get the Krylon "Industrial" 1613 (which is the good old stuff you want), they'll tell you. I did this and it turned out a place two block from where my car was had it and I just walked in and bought the real stuff, not the new formula that the hardware stored and Amazon sell. Also, this was just a couple months ago I did this...
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 06:14:02 PM »
My understanding it is still available through Grainger's.
i have asked my local Granger on several occasions and it has been a problem each time finding the number. no success so far for me . :o
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby