Author Topic: Krylon Semi-Flat  (Read 5136 times)

Offline DKutz

Re: Krylon Semi-Flat
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 12:10:07 PM »
Question came up in another thread related to currently purchasing Krylon 1613 Semi-Black rattle can so I thought I would post the following in its own thread so others can find it a little easier. The challenge is that many sellers have stopped carrying this product and others were having difficultly finding the inventory numbers or location to purchase it from. I purchased mine from Granger online a few years back and dug out a case (6 cans) and below are the numbers from the side of the box. Not sure which set are the important one and would invited those that try to report back if your successful or not

Hope this helps others

HL2838E

K01613A00

Interior/Exterior

1613 Semi-flat Blk

Hopefully I got all the numbers and letters correct  ::)

Can I share this post to the VMF forum?  I am sure many people there would be happy to have the info.
1965 Mustang Fastback 'A' Code, silver Blue Met, Med blue int. Auto, San Jose, 10/8/64 #1449**

Gone but not forgotten - 1996 Mustang GT

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »
Here's photos of the box, can, bottom of the can numbers and UPC code, should be all you need to be sure to get the correct stuff.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Thanks, Jason.

Interesting that it's still lacquer. Of course, that's not near as durable as enamel.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 01:07:31 PM »
Thanks, Jason.

Interesting that it's still lacquer. Of course, that's not near as durable as enamel.

Maybe not as durable, but touch-up work so much easier with lacquer.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Morsel

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 01:19:41 PM »
Thanks, Jason.

Yes, agreed. But as 67gtasanjose said, the stuff is really easy to work with and I haven't noticed any real problems with durability yet, been fine... but yes, enamel has got to be more durable...
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 06:35:24 PM »
Can I share this post to the VMF forum?  I am sure many people there would be happy to have the info.

If it will help others in this case yes
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)