Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Suspension

Whiney noise from power steering

(1/4) > >>

scrowe:
Looking for advice, I puchased a 65 A code, with air, 4 sped, teal blue reservoir for PS, a former MCA gold certified car so I am assuming everything is close to be correct.  There is a continuous whining noise from the PS when the car is running and appears to get worse the more it's driven. Tried bleeding it but didn't not help, any suggestions?  If it's the pump where is the best place to get a correct replacement or where to send this one to get it rebuilt? Thanks in advance for any help build date 19S, serial number 5FO8A73****, DSO 61
Steve

carlite65:
i send my stuff to roger rode @ rodes restoration in galion ohio. sorry don't have a phone # handy but you can do a google search or search this forum.

ruppstang:

--- Quote from: carlite65 on February 26, 2017, 09:36:14 AM ---i send my stuff to roger rode @ rodes restoration in galion ohio. sorry don't have a phone # handy but you can do a google search or search this forum.

--- End quote ---

+1 Marty

markb0729:
Here's another to throw in the mix.  I had my complete power steering system and steering gearbox rebuilt by CockoStang.  They did an excellent job. 

http://www.chockostangclassicmustang.com/home.html

scrowe:
Thanks very much for the timely replies!!
Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version