Author Topic: Photo size  (Read 844 times)

Offline MustangAndFairlane1867

Photo size
« on: June 25, 2017, 02:04:30 PM »
Will this site automatically re-size photos that are too large?  If not, what is the desired size of a photo/photos that are attached to a post?  Thanks, Ron

Offline jwc66k

Re: Photo size
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 02:29:16 PM »
Will this site automatically re-size photos that are too large?  If not, what is the desired size of a photo/photos that are attached to a post? 
Ron,
There are too many variables to do that. I use Photoshop Elements 10 or Adobe Photo Deluxe 4.1 Home Edition. Elements 10 has ben replaced by Elements 15, my 4.1 Home Edition is so old my virus protection warns me that it never heard of it, but it's very easy to use. With either, I can resize, crop, zoom in, combine, all kinds of bells and whistles stuff. I size mine to 8 X 6 inches, 100 DPI to post. The original sizes are in directories by year, and by camera - I use two. I have somewhere over 11,000. The bottom line is, I find unedited pictures sometimes distracting. Here's a couple I took of a 64-66 fuel sender and processed within the last hour.
There are other methods, I prefer to keep control of my pictures on my own computer and let those preferring the cloud to take their chances.
Jim
I enhanced the second picture in the last five minutes to indicate the wear on the wiper arm contact of the fuel sender. Time (and rust) are enemies.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:33:57 PM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 03:00:38 PM »
Since I post allot of pictures I have a standard format (so they will all post about the same size for standardization) I have in Photoshop. Could be just about any program.

I set it at  6 x 6 1/2 and 123 dpi. Import (cut and paste) the picture I want into that, size and crop then save it with an appropriate file name.

Up load it to my Gallery here and place it in my post

I don't do the thumbnail - just my choice at this point. Doesn't seem to cause as much trouble as we had in the old dates with dial up connections and long waits to load a page
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 03:23:53 PM »
Up load it to my Gallery here and place it in my post
That's what I want to do. How do you do that?
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 04:07:39 PM »
edit: For Windows

For a quick and free photo re-size app, I have this:

Photo Resize Magic

It's a little old, but its small, simple and free. It gets the job done.

All my files (redshost.com) are scanned nightly by Symantec End Point Antivirus to ensure they are virus/malware free.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:11:56 PM by 69GT350H »
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build