Author Topic: License Plate Color ?  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Brian Conway

Re: License Plate Color ?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 05:07:41 PM »
Ok.  Some more trivia to toss onto the fires of inguiry.  A google search turned up a short article.  It is of some interest but has no factual back up. Certainly not a statement of fact issued by the Ca. DMV or the penal establishment.  So I checked with my Torino friend, ZVA plate, and sure enough no 63 stamped in the upper corner.  Looking at the flip side of the ZVA plate a very faint 63 is detectable.  Looking at my epay plates a very faint 63 is again detectable.  To faint to photograph and, of course, must be in just the right light to be seen.   A friend that owns a 69 BOSS 9 says his YYG plates have no 63 stamp and added that he has a pair of 69 ZMK plates that are also w/o the 63.  The picture shows 3 69 black plates; W w/63, X and Y w/o 63.  Certainly interesting anyway and may lend some credence to the theory ?   Brian
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:20:17 PM by Brian Conway »
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 07:37:29 PM »
Got the black plates registered Thursday.  Some additional trivia;  the California black plates when taken to the Ca. DMV must have a 69 registration tag in the upper right corner or no go.  The registration service I use for these adventures advised me of this necessity.  They also advised me the tag is available, you guessed it, on ebay.  Got the tag and explained to the vendor what I was doing and to my suprise he sent two versions at no extra charge.  That was a good thing as I used the second one and not the one auctioned/ purchased.  Registration service $29, Ca. registration fees $45, Pair of black plates $143 and the 1969 tag $22 and an extra $10 annually to California.  Now, just waiting for the Ca. DMV to send the new 2017 tag.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 08:00:44 PM »
............  Registration service $29, Ca. registration fees $45, Pair of black plates $143 and the 1969 tag $22 and an extra $10 annually to California.

Thanks for sharing . Would guess that your registration might have been prorated until your 2018 comes due (months between now and then)  Mine is $105 this year ($80 for registration fee $2 for license fee, $0 for weight fee, no special plate fee, $23 for conty/district fees and $0 for owner responsibility fee what ever that is)  annuall

Now, just waiting for the Ca. DMV to send the new 2017 tag.  Brian

Would expect that a month sticker would also come with it since its required
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)