1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Shelby

67 SPEC case

(1/2) > >>

preaction:
Is it possible for a 67 500 to have received a 67 427 car (maybe a Comet) center section and not a SPEC case ?

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: preaction on August 20, 2017, 07:14:11 PM ---Is it possible for a 67 500 to have received a 67 427 car (maybe a Comet) center section and not a SPEC case ?

--- End quote ---
I suppose it is possible but it would be out of the ordinary and not likely. FYI the majority of GT350's did not have spec cases.

midlife:
I'm clueless  :-\ ; what is a SPEC case?  Google does me no good. :-[

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: midlife on August 20, 2017, 10:37:41 PM ---I'm clueless  :-\ ; what is a SPEC case?  Google does me no good. :-[

--- End quote ---
Identification for high strength big bearing 9 inch center section . Marked SPEC in place of the date code. I have always been under the impression that SPEC=Special. FYI some center sections upon inspection are the same even though not marked SPEC. Spec case is typical on 67 427 Fairlane and 67GT500.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: midlife on August 20, 2017, 10:37:41 PM ---I'm clueless  :-\ ; what is a SPEC case?  Google does me no good. :-[

--- End quote ---

The letter SPEC is interesting since its been found on a limited number of other cast parts.  But for this discussion thought a picture would help.  Have seen a number of original 67 Shelby's that received dated cases instead of the SPEC case - not sure why. Likely some issue at the rearend plant

There are single vertical and dual vertical 9" SPEC cases out there so be careful. The double or dual vertical ribbed design has an extra horizontal rib and the dates for each are located in different locations. For this application  you want a dual horizontal ribbed case

There are also early (without the fill plug) and later (with the fill plug) versions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version