Author Topic: 65 T5 Shocks  (Read 466 times)

Offline lathamjr

65 T5 Shocks
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:32:19 PM »
I am restoring a 65 T-5 (and yes, I know it's not a Shelby but it does have GT350 suspension components) and want to know what aftermarket shocks best replicate the original rear and front shocks for the 65 GT350. I actually have the original shocks and they are somewhat unique.
After finding the best match, were they painted anything other than black? The originals that I have are too crusty to guess the original color.
Thanks
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 12:17:12 AM by J_Speegle »

Offline DKutz

Re: 65 Shocks
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 11:45:59 PM »
Koni's if you have the cash
1965 Mustang Fastback 'A' Code, silver Blue Met, Med blue int. Auto, San Jose, 10/8/64 #1449**

Gone but not forgotten - 1996 Mustang GT

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 65 T5 Shocks
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 12:17:00 AM »
I am restoring a 65 T-5 (and yes, I know it's not a Shelby but it does have GT350 suspension components) and want to know what aftermarket shocks best replicate the original rear and front shocks for the 65 GT350. I actually have the original shocks and they are somewhat unique.
After finding the best match, were they painted anything other than black? The originals that I have are too crusty to guess the original color.
Thanks

Think your better having this thread in the Mustang section as the T5's didn't use Shelby suspension. Instead they used K code Mustang suspension. Drilling and moving the upper a arms (not something done on Export cars) and shocks were the only difference  were the only difference

Don't know if there is a "best" aftermarket shock to replicate what was originally used. Will look through the export stuff to see what it can tell us. Not sure if 65 used what they used in 66 or 67 

Since you believe you have some originals why not post a picture. Are they the adjustable Gabrial's?  And what are they dated?

Moving the thread
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 02:34:10 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)