Author Topic: 68 wiring question at the fuse box !?  (Read 786 times)

Offline mhubert89

68 wiring question at the fuse box !?
« on: October 25, 2017, 07:19:01 PM »
Hi , can someone told me which harness go at those 3 plugs that come out of the fuse box please !?
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed
Built in Dearborn on April 16th

Offline stangerdude

Re: 68 wiring question at the fuse box !?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:38:29 PM »
The blue with red stripe is for the automatic shifter light positive feed, the black with blue stripe is for console light positive feed and the black with yellow(?) stripe with the triple female plug is for accessory feed such as seat belt warning light or A/C feed. These leads are if the car is equipped with those options. If you do not have these options, They would not have anything plugged into them. Hope this helps!  Paul
68 GT Fastback San Jose built

Offline mhubert89

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 07:40:19 PM »
The blue with red stripe is for the automatic shifter light positive feed, the black with blue stripe is for console light positive feed and the black with yellow(?) stripe with the triple female plug is for accessory feed such as seat belt warning light or A/C feed. These leads are if the car is equipped with those options. If you do not have these options, They would not have anything plugged into them. Hope this helps!  Paul

Perfect ! Thanks Paul .
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed
Built in Dearborn on April 16th

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 07:51:20 PM »
You took the words right out of my mouth. 
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 08:19:37 PM »
Yes - often plenty of unused, unattached electrical plugs - especially in later year Mustangs
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 09:18:51 PM »
Yes - often plenty of unused, unattached electrical plugs - especially in later year Mustangs
Yup...there are some plugs (70 and up) that I have never seen anything attached to in my 10 years of gathering harnesses nor are documented in various schematics.  I still don't know what some of these plugs do...
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com