General Discussion > General Discussion

Insurance claim

(1/3) > >>

preaction:
I was fueling my car this last Sunday at my favorite pump and much to my surprise a woman tries to go around my car to get to the next pump and tags my car on its front corner, scratched and chipped paint along with the chrome on the bumper scratched through so no denting of the body. I have Hagerty insurance and so far they have been very responsive but are willing to let me make a claim through them and not the party who did the damage, she does have insurance. Does anyone have experience as to what is the best way to go ?

rodster:
Well that sucks.... guess she was in a big hurry like lots of people these days.

Fortunately, no experience with this issue but good luck and sorry to hear that happened.

Rod

BKnapp:
Hi John - I’m sorry to hear about the damage. I am only guessing, but I suspect your insurance company will go after the other party’s insurance company to cover the cost and your deductible.

69cobrajetrugae2:
I'm not sure I'd be letting my insurance company pay for it since they could raise your rates, let her pay for it.  In fact, I might have forwarded an estimate to her insurance company and request payment and leave Hagerty out of it completely. Has the lady formally admitted to being at fault?  Sorry to hear this happened..

Smokey 15:
Her insurance should totally pay the repair bill.  I would call Hagerty and inform them anyway.  And make damned certain her insurance company doesn't try to steer you to one of their 'preferred' shops.  Also, check out from where the replacement bumper will be sourced. You should get the same quality as what you have on the car, no less.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version