1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

Hood hinge "color"

(1/5) > >>

MustangAndFairlane1867:
What would be the correct color for the hood hinges on my 1965 Mustang with a Feburary build date?  Thanks, Ron

carlite65:
phosphate & oil finish. medium to dark grey color.

MustangAndFairlane1867:
Carlite

Thank you for that.  How about a couple pointers on how to achieve a phosphate & oil finish?  I've never tackled that one before.  Thanks, Ron...

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: MustangAndFairlane1867 on November 10, 2017, 07:21:15 PM ---Carlite

Thank you for that.  How about a couple pointers on how to achieve a phosphate & oil finish?  I've never tackled that one before.  Thanks, Ron...

--- End quote ---

There are a number of tutorials on the site if you use the search feature  ;)

Almost 300 related topics/threads.

Try "phosphate oil" Search out the how to threads you'll find instructions, suppliers for the chemicals, step by step - what worked and didn't work for others

Jim did a Phosphating 101 thread with allot of discussion and pictures of some of the steps and the results

Have fun

MustangAndFairlane1867:
Thanks, Jeff.  I also found this online written by Jim Heasley of Mustang Monthly Magazine:

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/paint-body/mump-1103-how-to-apply-phosphate-and-oil-coating/

Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version