1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

Trunk lid torsion rod 65 Fastback

(1/3) > >>

MustangAndFairlane1867:
I have to remove the trunk lid on my '65 Mustang fastback and I've been repeatedly warned that the removal and replacement of the lid's torsion rod can be tricky and possibly even somewhat dangerous.  I've done several searches here and online but haven't been able to find a good primer or video on how to best approach this project.  If someone can point me in the right direction it would be very helpful.  Thanks in advance!  Ron

jwc66k:
I've not had any problems, unless you don't prop up the lid. There are a couple of different types of rods so a picture of the ends would clue us in as to what to expect.
Jim

MustangAndFairlane1867:
Thanks, Jim.  I'll get the pictures posted today.  FYI, the car had a February '65 assembly date in San Jose.  Ron...

J_Speegle:
As a related side note it appears from the estimated build period your car was at the point of transition between the factory using the electrical clip on the drivers end of the fastback trunk spring and them dropping that practice

midlife:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on November 14, 2017, 05:45:42 PM ---As a related side note it appears from the estimated build period your car was at the point of transition between the factory using the electrical clip on the drivers end of the fastback trunk spring and them dropping that practice

--- End quote ---
An electrical clip?  What?  That makes no sense.  Can you show a picture? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version