Author Topic: Rear Spring Date Code  (Read 663 times)

Offline Tiny

Rear Spring Date Code
« on: January 23, 2018, 06:24:38 AM »
The two images are of my rear springs from my 66 A Code GT Coupe (San Jose Build)  I checked the 'Decoding Date Code' document in the library however my springs have 5 digits for the date unlike the 4 in the document.
Can you tell me what the codes mean and do they seem to be a matched pair of springs.

67 San Jose Built GTA 390 Coupe
C6, PS, A/C

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
Re: Rear Spring Date Code
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 06:35:02 AM »
TINY.

150th day of 1965 for one spring and 167th day of 1965 for the other

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline Tiny

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 07:12:50 AM »
Great thanks Phill.  Makes a lot of sense.  What about the 'E' where does that factor into the date code.  Also I take it that rear springs would have been mass produced so my car built in Oct 65 could have had these installed as original? or do you think that the months are too far apart?

cheers
67 San Jose Built GTA 390 Coupe
C6, PS, A/C

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 02:52:21 PM »
Great thanks Phill.  Makes a lot of sense.  What about the 'E' where does that factor into the date code.  Also I take it that rear springs would have been mass produced so my car built in Oct 65 could have had these installed as original? or do you think that the months are too far apart?

It identifies the maker or the plant. All of this is covered in the date coding article in the Library, page #37-38,  if you want to save time posting and waiting for an answer. ;)

Don't know if I would call them "matching number" but surely the dates represent a pair of springs that could have ended up on the same car at the factory
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)