Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Questions Regarding Static collectors

(1/3) > >>

65Ford:
Attached is the only one in my years yarding I have ever found (and it's damaged) and I don't even remember what Ford I found it on.  It resides in the dust cap and the button in the center rides on the end of the spindle.  The only reason I look for these is my parent's 1965 Ranch Wagon has them but one was destroyed when a bearing burned up and melted onto the spindle.  It still has the one on the driver's side because my dad always did the brake or bearing work and knew how to bend the cotter pin so it doesn't get torn up.

My question is, did the 1965 Mustang have these and how many model years did Ford install these in their cars?

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: 65Ford on January 05, 2018, 12:36:30 AM ---Attached is the only one in my years yarding I have ever found (and it's damaged) and I don't even remember what Ford I found it on.  It resides in the dust cap and the button in the center rides on the end of the spindle.  The only reason I look for these is my parent's 1965 Ranch Wagon has them but one was destroyed when a bearing burned up and melted onto the spindle.  It still has the one on the driver's side because my dad always did the brake or bearing work and knew how to bend the cotter pin so it doesn't get torn up.

My question is, did the 1965 Mustang have these and how many model years did Ford install these in their cars?

--- End quote ---
I have only found a few still under the grease caps. I have found one on a 65 and a 66 out of many that were missing . I assume they came on the later models  67-70 but I personally have not found any first hand. They also came in the Mustang radio kits that Ford sold over the counter which also supports their use on factory installed radio cars.

ruppstang:
I have found a few on 67s and 68s. If I remember correctly they are shown in the assembly manual with the hood ground. I think they were called anti static devices and came with the radio option.

CharlesTurner:
I've seen them on 65-66.  The 6 cylinder version was slightly different as the grease cap was not the same as V8.

J_Speegle:
From 5F07F1609xx

Back/under side of the clip

C8ZZ Radio Kit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version