1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

1969 Dearborn Radio Suppressor Type and Location

(1/3) > >>

69GTconvert:
Disclaimer: I searched the site for this answer but couldn't find it.  I apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered.

My 1969 Mustang was built in Dearborn on April 8th and I have two questions:

1. I believe my Mustang would have come from the factory with the C6OA-18832-A radio suppressor but should it have the Fomoco script on it or Autolite?

2. Where should my radio suppressor be mounted?

Thanks.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: 69GTconvert on January 15, 2018, 10:05:41 AM ---Disclaimer: I searched the site for this answer but couldn't find it.  I apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered.

My 1969 Mustang was built in Dearborn on April 8th and I have two questions:

1. I believe my Mustang would have come from the factory with the C6OA-18832-A radio suppressor but should it have the Fomoco script on it or Autolite?

2. Where should my radio suppressor be mounted?

Thanks.

--- End quote ---
The 69 radio static suppressor is mounted on the regulator. You should get a set of the assemblyline manuals available from any of the larger Mustang parts vendors. one of the manuals in the set is the electrical version which has illustrations of where and how the radio static suppressor is installed.The one that was used in 69 was Autolite marked . FYI a excellent spot on reproduction of the suppressor is available from Virginia Mustang or NPD.

69GTconvert:
Thanks for the info Bob!

J_Speegle:
Sorry for the poor close ups. First two I ran across

Jan car

July car

69GTconvert:
Thanks Jeff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version