Author Topic: Last day of production 68  (Read 1536 times)

Offline 68 S Code

Last day of production 68
« on: October 22, 2010, 10:14:12 AM »
Has anyone determined what the last day of production for each model year may have been before the switch over to the next model year. I'm only curious because my 68 was scheduled for build July 15th but was assembled on July 12th per the Marti Report. Actually Kevin Marti probably has that info put has he ever released or published it?

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: Last day of production 68
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 10:44:17 PM »
A few years ago, Mustang Monthly ran a series of articles of the first and last Mustangs built at each plant for each year.  Those articles indicated the scheduled and actual build date according to Marti's reports.  Of course, 64.5-66 were not reported on.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 03:25:55 PM »
I have buck tag samples for the 67 & 68 model years from Metuchen that have scheduled build dates in August (early August for end of 67 model and last 2 days of August for 68 model year). The last 68 build I have a tag for is August 26, 1968.

While I have number Dearborn buck tags, they did not stamp the schedule build date on them

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 11:33:21 PM »
Peter thanks for responding. I wouldn't have guessed such a late production date. I know  plants typically shut down production for two weeks to switch over for the upcoming model year. Typically that would have happened so employees could go on vacation with families without affecting production. With that said if production of 67's went into late august then there really were very few early 68's produced before production stopped in mid September due to uaw strike.