Author Topic: Div. ll Judging Questions  (Read 3956 times)

Offline YELLOWBOSS2

Div. ll Judging Questions
« on: December 14, 2010, 08:24:40 PM »
On Indiana SAAC web site they have a new 2010 ed. SAAC judging form.  Will this form be used in the future? it has 450 points where the old one has 900. Do you still need to obtain 95% to be awarded a gold? The new guidelines still state 855 points for a gold award.
In Div. ll how many total points would be deducted if a car has radial tires?

Thanks for the help,
Dave

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Div. ll Judging Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 08:29:01 PM »
Dave not sure what the relationship between what the local SAAC club does (how they have developed their sheets) and what the National club does.

As for radials rather than really nicely done reproductions, IMHO unless they are older ones that happen to be the same size I would expect to loose all or just about all the points (for originality) in that category.

Sure Bob G will be alone here soon with his thoughts. And welcomed they will be ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:42:16 AM »
This is the first I have heard about a 450 total and don't think it is relevant to the national SAAC concours. I think it may be for the Brown County event only if at all.  If anything the move is to a higher then 900 total and not the other way.We are working (lobbying)to make adjustments in the upward direction . I agree with Jeff on the other points. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline YELLOWBOSS2

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 08:20:13 PM »

Thank you both for the replies. If you are interested in looking at what I was looking at,  here is a link to the clubs web site.

http://www.indianasaac.com/home.htm

On the bottom left there is a tab "SAAC Policies" if you click on it it has the 2010 SAAC Guidelines and judging Forms.

Thanks
Dave

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 12:00:14 AM »
On Indiana SAAC web site they have a new 2010 ed. SAAC judging form.  Will this form be used in the future? it has 450 points where the old one has 900. Do you still need to obtain 95% to be awarded a gold? The new guidelines still state 855 points for a gold award.
In Div. ll how many total points would be deducted if a car has radial tires?

Thanks for the help,
Dave
Dave, I went to the site using your link and then to the concours guidelines . On page 4 of the guides lines I read "900" and not 450? You must have mis read. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline YELLOWBOSS2

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »
Bob,

Please look at the "Judging Sheets" tab.  It states at the top of the judging forms 2010 ed. and all the point values have been reduced by half from what they were. At the end of the judging forms it has total 300 points for authenticity and 150 for workmanship total 450.

Dave

Offline roddster

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 10:37:11 AM »
Sounds like they went back to the former judging form.  That was a 450 point form.  And, it could be that they are having a problem getting enough qualified judges so maybe they figure using less points would simplify things.  I don't know otherwise.

Tire were worth 4 points total wern't they?  You might get a point or two back if they are Goodyears.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 05:39:29 PM »
Bob,

Please look at the "Judging Sheets" tab.  It states at the top of the judging forms 2010 ed. and all the point values have been reduced by half from what they were. At the end of the judging forms it has total 300 points for authenticity and 150 for workmanship total 450.

Dave
Dave,it appears you are mistaken . The end sheet shows authenticity max score is 300. Directly across from it is a column for cleanliness at 150 max and across from that is a fit and finish column at 450 max for a total of 900 points for all of the columns. If you have any questions about why the sheet is structured the way it is you can direct questions to the SAAC concours co Chairman Joyce Yates or Paul Zimmons at SAAC HQ.This is the same sheet we have used for a number of years. As concours judges for SAAC we are not the policy makers for the SAAC concours judging and judging sheets but if asked for input we always try and help.Bob
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:55:05 PM by Bob Gaines »

Offline YELLOWBOSS2

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 07:51:41 PM »
Bob,

I think you are mistaken.  Using your analogy the previous form had 600,  300,  900  which would total 1800.

I will see if I can contact the individuals you mentioned.

Dave