Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 58 times)

Offline ninedrvr

Thank You
« on: Today at 10:47:45 AM »
I restored / modified this car to an extremely high standard as a 'life experience' for the lack of a better term. Originally a lime gold 302-2V auto convertible with dark ivy gold standard interior. I couldn't bring myself to restore the car to an 'as delivered' condition especially since the original engine and transmission were long gone.

Once I made the determination to go GT500 clone, I needed some references to go by. This website was the best reference I had during the build. I learned more here than anywhere else. Questions I couldn't find answers to by going through old posts were answered one at a time by many contributors but especially Bob Gaines and Jeff Speegle.

I found I liked looking at the car better than driving it so I sold it very recently. Thanks to all that helped.

Jim

https://www.vanguardmotorsales.com/inventory/5044/1969-ford-mustang-convertible-shelby-gt500-tribute
1969 GT500 Convertible Recreation

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: Today at 11:30:35 AM »
It turned out to be quite the looker. Great job.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Thank You
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:28:54 PM »
Your very welcome. Sure with that color combination and the freshness of the build it really must turn some heads when driven around town. Hard to miss this one.

Good luck
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)