Author Topic: Front & rear sealer and fender aprons - 67 NJ  (Read 8274 times)

Offline sparky65

Re: Front & rear sealer and fender aprons - 67 NJ
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 08:55:44 PM »
Thanks for the pictures.  The spray pattern kills my theory that maybe that area wasn't covered.  Now I am starting to wonder if what I am seeing is really gray primer and not Pebble Beige exterior color.  I am not good with colors but at the time I was removing the undercoating I was pretty sure it was exterior color.  Maybe someone here can tell better from my pictures.  In case anyone is wondering the last 6 of my VIN is 134938 Here is another one from the other side.

Does anyone else have a theory as to these differences or more NJ examples?   Its hard to believe the process changed between Oct 22 and 27 but I guess it is possible? ???
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 12:05:40 AM »
Keep in mind that exterior facing panels on the car would have typically been sprayed with a gray sealer primer before paint.  So if you had a red-oxide undercarriage, you could see gray speckling with color speckling over the top.  You may be seeing gray sealer primer over spray in the wheel wells.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 05:35:43 PM »
I'm unsure if posts should be updated or newly created, so excuse my lack of decorum
if this is incorrect.

Just thought I should post this picture to include what Wurth looks like in a wheel well.
This car is highly modified, so ignore the black B/C underside.

Wurth is fairly flat, but boy is it pretty.

Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 06:06:40 PM »
I'm unsure if posts should be updated or newly created, so excuse my lack of decorum
if this is incorrect.

Just thought I should post this picture to include what Wurth looks like in a wheel well.
This car is highly modified, so ignore the black B/C underside.

Wurth is fairly flat, but boy is it pretty.

For a factory look you need to limit the exterior spray area and inward spray onto the frame rails. For texture more build up, to the point of sagging or "curtains"  but as you mention you were not looking to reproduce the factory look or restore the car it was applied to
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)