Author Topic: Discussions? Topics?  (Read 2403 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Discussions? Topics?
« on: October 15, 2009, 05:38:08 PM »
I guess everyone has noticed that things are a little slow around here.  That was to be expected, the site is only a few months old.  I think we had a big influx of folks, but I think most of us here are the ones that usually help others.

One topic that came from the MCA Judge's Meeting is we really ought to start on a rulebook version with pictures and explanations.  There has been discussions in the past about using a Wiki format so that certain individuals could contribute.  This would be no small undertaking, but there is no better time than now to start. 
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Murf

Re: Discussions? Topics?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »
I think your suggestion is one that should be undertaken.  I had hope years ago that this would happen but for various reasons it has been put on the back burner time after time. It IS time!
John Murphy

1965 "K" GT fastback Honey Gold exterior, Ivy Green and White Pony interior, many options
1966 Conv., high option, removeable hardtop, thermactor "C" engine, AC, Springtime Yellow exterior, Black Pony interior
1968 California Special, "J" code, ,many options, white with red interior

Offline sparky65

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 07:12:41 PM »

One topic that came from the MCA Judge's Meeting is we really ought to start on a rulebook version with pictures and explanations.  There has been discussions in the past about using a Wiki format so that certain individuals could contribute.  This would be no small undertaking, but there is no better time than now to start.

I guess the Wiki format would allow it to be a living document so that as new information is learned it can be quickly updated.  The only concern is that the same format somehow needs to be policed so that the information comes from good research.  Maybe there should be two formats one that contains 'approved' information that is updated after the new information in the 'living' format is reviewed and accepted by the judges.  This way everyone can contribute pictures and information to the 'living' document, but people looking for something to follow can use the 'approved' document.  Obviously this is even more work then the original idea.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 10:16:12 AM »
Just wanted to update everyone that we are looking at options for this.  There are many wiki formats and also some other options.  Stay tuned...
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin