Author Topic: Decal Placement - 9/65 San Jose Fastback  (Read 2529 times)

Offline rockhouse66

Decal Placement - 9/65 San Jose Fastback
« on: November 17, 2009, 01:32:09 PM »
OK, I know these were installed somewhat helter skelter, but I would like to put mine in a "typical" position for my 9/65 scheduled build San Jose FB.  The specific decals I would like some guidance on are;

Red Line tire decal in glovebox - all the way on the back or does it go on the part near the front on the left side of the box (where it would be easier to see)?  If at the back, is it usually seen left, center or right side?  Centered vertically?

Spare tire decal on trunk lid - any pics of these installed on FB cars from my plant/timeframe?

Service decal on DS inner fender - I have a pretty good idea where to position this one, but any reference photos?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:15:47 PM by J_Speegle »
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Decal Placement
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 05:08:12 PM »
OK, I know these were installed somewhat helter skelter, but I would like to put mine in a "typical" position for my 9/65 scheduled build San Jose FB.  The specific decals I would like some guidance on are;

Most of the time IMHO the differences in location was just due to different workers/shift and they seem to fit into two or three major groupings or are pretty much the same and we tend only to remember those few that were out of the ordinary. But surely every one in a while there was an opps  and if the decals were not in place, fell off or were not in a range an inspector would catch it and it would be corrected. Have a few examples of this where a second, "correctly" placed decal was placed on a car or two

Red Line tire decal in glovebox - all the way on the back or does it go on the part near the front on the left side of the box (where it would be easier to see)?  If at the back, is it usually seen left, center or right side?  Centered vertically?

Not of a red line decal but I doubt that the type of tires made a difference where the worker placed it. ;)

Spare tire decal on trunk lid - any pics of these installed on FB cars from my plant/timeframe?

Service decal on DS inner fender - I have a pretty good idea where to position this one, but any reference photos?

Without AC and PS

With (sorry stuff in the way) AC and PS

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 05:48:14 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 07:42:10 PM »
Excellent Jeff; thanks!  What a crappy place for the spare decal - oh well!  And I should have said w/AC but w/o PS, but it didn't occur to me that they would have to work around these items.  Those service decals both look to be pretty close to the same place anyway.

Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 10:17:25 PM »
Excellent Jeff; thanks!  What a crappy place for the spare decal - oh well!  And I should have said w/AC but w/o PS, but it didn't occur to me that they would have to work around these items.  Those service decals both look to be pretty close to the same place anyway.

Yes it seems to make a difference (AC or PS) some plant and some years. Apparently not in this case
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)